Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kate Voegele is just plain Amazing!

This is only my second time going to Cleveland to see Kate but let me tell you it was THE BEST experience ever.

So I left to got to Cleveland and our bus got stuck in traffic when we got into Ohio to top it all off it was raining. I walked to my hotel room to get checked in they gave me a cookie :) So I headed over to the venue and there was already a long line at 6:45 pm doors did not open until 9 pm so I had to fight my way in just so I could pick up my ticket. When I came out I decided to go to the House of Blues restaurant so that #1 I could get something to eat and #2 so I did not have to wait in that long line. So I go around the corner to the restaurant and who do I see standing outside BOB! He smiled when he saw me we talked about how long the line was he thought maybe it was for the other concert and I said I'm pretty sure there were some Kate fans in there as well. We also talked about how we hoped that the show would be sold out. So I went inside the restaurant and they sat me in the same exact place I sat last time I was there. I had to spend at least $15 to get in early. After eating I went to how the security officer my pass the line "pass" (my receipt that said pass the line on the bottom) he told me that he was not letting the Kate Voegele fans in yet so he told me that I have to go past the double doors and wait in line to "pass the line" irony much? So I went and waited with 2 other girls they said that Kate passed them earlier but they were not sure if it was her or not. I told them that they should have said hi because Kate loves it when people say hi to her before the show. We waited for Kate to come back and she did with her Dad I said hi Kate waved hi Kate's dad came over to me and said hi and asked me how I was doing (he remembered me from last time) they left.

We were waiting some more and some people came out to join the line as they came out Kate and her dad came out the doors again I said hi and she came straight over to me she was super excited that I came and she gave me a hug. We talked about how excited that she was that she was going to be on season 7 and how she has been telling people. She said that she had been up at 4 am for the past 2 days and they had a crazy day in Toronto so she was really out of it. I told both of them that Lauren and Leah said Hi and they were happy to hear that. Will said he loves the Kate-Voegele.com site because they are always on top of things he said that it was a beautiful thing what everyone was doing he liked the fact that everyone was so on top of things and that he finds things out on the site before the label tells them. He said that him and his wife are ALWAYS on the site. Will asked if I was a part of the site I just told him that I send in links to anything that I find. Some girl showed Kate a picture of when they were in Wilmington and Kate said that they must have been filming the wedding that day. I told Kate that everyone was trying to figure out what song she was singing on Monday she said that maybe she would tell us maybe she wouldn't so I told her that me and Leah guessed sweet silver lining and she said that we were good guessers with a smile. They left so Kate could get changed on the bus. Will came back in and I took a picture with him. The girls next to me said that it was cool that Kate remembered me they were so jealous :) they actually said that they were shaking and their hearts were pounding.

They let us into the venue at 5 minutes to 9 I headed straight for the merch table to get a shirt the prices rose. Quinn said that there would be no meet and greet because Kate was tired. I went inside and was standing in the 3rd row in the center. Matt Hires came on his set was pretty good I LOVE his songs. Angel came on she set was good as well I also LOVE her songs. Jimmy came out to tune his guitar and then Bob came out I screamed "Yeah Bob Matthews" he smiled and waved hi to me the people around me looked at me like I was crazy. One girl turned around and asked me how I know all of their names and I told her because I have been to Kate's shows before. The band came out along with Kate they opened up with "99 Times" went to "One Way or Another", "Playing with my heart", "Sweet Silver Lining", "It's only Life", Kate said to let her know if her mascara was running because it was so hot on stage she said that she could not wait to see all the facebook tags she said people are going to be like Dude why did Kate Voegele come one stage looking like she just came out of the shower lol. Then she sang "Say Anything", then "Lift Me Up", "I get It", "Inside Out", "No Good", "Kindly Unspoken", "Angel"

Kate introduced the band and talked about how she has known Sam for like forever, how Jimmy lives in Cleveland, how Bob moved out to Cleveland from LA because he thought he was legit lol. How her and Mark went to High School together and how he was rocking some sweet man clevage lmao. Then "Manhattan From The Sky" and finally "Only Fooling Myself". I took the set list off the stage, and got a picture with Sam.

The security officer told us to go into the lobby because Kate was doing a meet and greet. I asked him if she was sure because earlier we were told that she was not doing one and he said well she changed her mind. So I went to the lobby and took a picture with Matt Hires. After waiting around for a while Quinn asked if we were all waiting for Kate we said yea the security guy told us she was doing a meet and greet he said no she wasn't security lied to us. So I went back into the room and I got a picture with Mark, Jimmy and Bob all separately. I waited around for a little longer and then I saw Will and I asked him if there was anyway I could give Kate the cds I burned for her and I explained to him how I wanted to share the band's music with her. So he said that he would go see if she would be willing to see me he told me to wait right there for him to come back.

The security officer told me I had to leave so I said to him Will Voegele told me to wait right here for him to come back so he said ok I will let you wait. Will came back and told me to come with him I thanked him and I told him about how much I really love Kate's music mostly because her songs inspire and talk about real things. So he brought me out to the bus and told me Kate was going to come to the door. She came out and was so excited to see me she told me that she was hoping to see me again before the show was over. She asked me if it was as hot on the floor as it was on the stage I told her yeah and people were pushing each other she said yeah it was like a mosh pit down there. Will said how he was telling Kate about the cds and she said she was excited to see what I got for her so I told her about how I saw that she had "Your Ex Lover is Dead" by Stars on her myspace playlist and she said I love stars so I said well I wanted to share my collection with you so I showed her the 3 full length cds and the Ep I burned for her she was beyond excited she said that she only had that one song by them and now she had their whole catalog :).

She gave me so many hugs and told me how excited she was that I came out to the show I told her that I was coming out to the Pittsburgh show on Saturday and that I was bringing my best friend along with me she was really excited that I was coming out to another show and she said that she was really happy that she got to see me again and that I was coming out to another show she said that it was really sweet of me to burn her the cds :).

Will told Kate that he was going to walk me to the front doors we walked and talked about how I came out during my finals week and he said that was amazing. I also told him about how I booked Trey to perform at my school and he said that was nice of me and we both agreed that his EP is AMAZING and I said he really needs to get his music out because it was good stuff. He said that it was really cool of me to have Trey come perform. Then he told me that he would see me on Saturday because she was also going to be at the Pittsburgh show.

Even though I did not get any autograph or a picture with Kate the fact that she recognized me and was happy to see me there made my night and made the trip worth every penny I spent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment